|BabyBjorn Cradle||SwaddleMe By Your Bed||Snoo Smart Sleeper||Halo Bassinest|
|Most Stylish||Best Value||Safest & Most Expensive
|| Most Adjustable and Custimizable
|Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
One of the most important things new parents can buy for their new baby is a bassinet. Bassinets take up less space than traditional cribs, they’re easily movable from your bedroom to the nursery, and often times have hoods that work great both day and night to help baby sleep. There are plenty of things to consider when considering buying a bassinet vs cribs. Many parents prefer to sleep in the same room as their baby, which makes a bassinet the perfect place for your baby to sleep without taking up much room in your bedroom. They’re also easier to lean over and pick your baby up, since most bassinets are shallower than traditional cribs.
Best Bassinet: What Should You Consider?
Safety should always be the number one concern when it comes to choosing the right bassinet, so make sure that your baby’s bed meets all of the most recent safety standards. Mattresses should be firm and free and bare, and should not have any space between the mattress and the edge of the bed. Don’t worry, each bassinet we reviewed does meet the safety standards, so anything on our list would be good in that department.
Another thing to consider is comfort. While you might think you’re doing your baby a service by providing extra padding for their comfort, this is actually something to avoid. Extra padding could allow your baby to suffocate, so please always stick to the “firm and flat” rule for those first few months and look into getting a movement or heart rate monitor.
Finally, consider the material of the bassinet, which can be made from anything from polyester to wood. There is a good chance that you’ll need to clean this at some point, so make sure you pick something that is easy to clean or has removable features that allow you to wash when necessary.
Enjoying this article? Read our Co-Sleeper Reviews
Baby Bjorn has been around for many years and many moms and dads swear by the simple design and way that is gently rocks your baby to sleep. The mesh sides allow air to pass through and ensures that it never gets too hot. It’s made with safe and tested materials, and is one of the most stylish options on the market.
- Gently rocking motion helps baby quickly fall asleep
- Mesh siding makes for good ventilation
- Easy to remove and clean mattress
- Made with high-quality, baby safe materials
- Doesn’t fold and difficult to move
The SwaddleMe bassinet is a low-cost option that is perfect for parents who would rather save their money for the crib. It has everything you’d hope to find in a more expensive bassinet, and many moms and dads have commented that the small size is the preferable size for their baby to easily fall asleep and, most importantly, stay asleep. While it doesn’t follow the “firm and flat” rule, there is a good amount of support, and it passes all safety guidelines.
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Mattress is easy to remove and wash
- Difficult to assemble
- Some complaints that vibration feature too loud for baby to sleep
- Doesn’t follow firm and flat rule
You can’t put a price on your baby’s happiness and comfort, but if you could, it might look like the pricetag for the SNOO Smart Sleeper. The SNOO marries all the bells and whistles with the modern style parents love. We also love the swaddle system, that does a great job at keeping your baby on his back and safe.
- One of safest products on the market
- Gentle rocking and white noise make baby fall asleep fast
- Nearly unanimously positive reviews
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Very expensive
What’s great about this product is the fact that the walls are adjustable, which makes it easy to pick your baby up at night. There is also a 360 degree rotating surface that many mothers have complimented as being able to use to keep the bassinet close to the bed and move when then need to get up. This is easy to raise and lower, and it folds up easily for quick storage.
- Adjustable and collapsible sides easy to adjust to your liking
- Whole unit raises and lowers easily
- Customizable nursing timer that will help remind mothers when it’s time to feed
- Mattress is easy to remove and wash
- Sound volume not adjustable
- Bright light and stronger vibrations not ideal for all babies
Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Sleeper Review
The Rock ‘n Play looks a little different than most other Bassinets on our list, and as you might expect from a Fisher-Price product, is designed with plenty of sounds and motion that makes it less of a nighttime bassinet and more of a place for baby to nap during the day. This bassinet comes with preloaded songs and sounds to keep your baby’s attention, but also to sooth them to sleep when it’s time. This should not be used as a full time bassinet, think of it more as a travel or nap solution.
- Compact and portable
- Sounds and rocking motion great for falling asleep quickly
- Removable components easy to clean
- Sits low to the ground making it poor for nighttime use
- Not battery powered, so must be plugged into wall
- Always sits at slight angle
Here’s the Rock ‘N Play in action: