|Infant Optics DXR-8||Babysense Video Monitor||Samsung Wisenet|
|Best Overall||Best Value||High End|
|$164.95||$69.99||Out of stock|
|Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
One of the most important baby products you can buy is a good baby monitor. The best baby monitor is reliable, provides a clear image and sound, and is easy to install and use. 4K HD video doesn’t mean much if you can’t figure out how to turn the camera on! We targeted the four best baby monitors on the market, and came up with our favorite, and some pros and cons for each monitor we tested.
Baby Monitor Reviews: Infant Optics vs Babysense vs Samsung Wisenet vs Summer Infant Inview 2.0
Sure, our parents may have managed by just letting us cry it out or by checking on us every so often, but in this day and age, we need baby monitors and other high end gadgets like heart rate monitors, formula dispensers and fancy bassinets. They are an essential way to get some sleep yourself while your baby naps in her nursery. The baby monitor was a key factor when deciding when it’s time to move baby from your room to her own room at night. Like it or not, those first couple of nights, you are going to be checking in on your baby way more than you’ll need to, and it’s better to check on the monitor than it is to go in her room every time you want to make sure she’s OK.
This is one of the best baby monitors for 2018 for many reasons. The most unique thing about the Infant Optics DXR-8 is the fact that you can change out the lens. Choose from the standard wide-angle lens or the upgraded zoom lens that will let you see everything from your baby’s breathing patterns to the tiny hairs on her skin.
- Price: $164.95
- Rechargeable Battery with long battery life
- Interchangeable lenses
- Crystal clear audio and video
- Control camera from monitor
- Minor issues reported with battery charger
- Beeps when low or dropped signal
- Pricey compared to other options
For the low price, you get more features on the Babysense Video Baby Monitor than just about any of it’s higher-priced competitors, making it a candidate for the best baby monitor in 2018. While there have been some issues we found during testing with connectivity, those we minor and we were pleased with the overall capabilities of this monitor.
- Price: $69.99
- Lullaby, two-way talk, and other feature-rich capabilities
- Digital zoom
- Ability to utilize multiple camera on one system
- Connection issues if many devices on home wifi
- Volume can be spotty from close range
- White noise sound comes from monitor
The Samsung Wisenet makes our list for best baby monitor in 2018 because the reliability that comes along with a reputable brand like Sansung cannot be overstated. One of the biggest issues with other cameras we tested is connectivity, which is something we never noticed with this product. With that said, the price and features keep it from reaching our top spot. Still a solid product for parents.
- Price: Out of stock
- Great signal strength and reliability
- Fun features like daily photo diary and remote pan & tilt
- Stream straight to mobile (no need for additional monitor
- Most expensive monitor we tested
- Some issues with monitor holding charge when not plugged in
- Complaints about volume not being loud enough for some parents’ liking
Honorable Mention: Summer Infant Inview 2.0 Review
There isn’t much unique about the Summer Infant Inview 2.0, but that is one of the things that makes it great. We love this baby monitor because it just focuses on the things that matter: solid connection, decent video, and audio quality, with camera tilt and night vision that makes monitoring your baby easy to do.
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Large, wideview color screen
- Two-way talk allows you to interact with your baby when she is awake
- Video quality not on par with other baby monitors we tested
- Night vision mode looks grainy
Winner for Best Baby Monitor: Infant Optics DXR-8
While the price is a bit higher than we’d like, the reviews of this product and the longevity of the charge were two of the biggest factors in making this the best of the bunch. We also love the crystal clear audio and video, and the monitor will look good in your baby’s nursery.